Hiring Huff-N-Puff is a great way to free yourself and your family from regular cleaning chores. It takes a small amount of preparation to get the most cost-effective cleaning experience.
Follow these preparation tips before we arrive:
- 1. Pick up household items that may be lying about
Tidying and straightening up your home’s rooms before we arrive can help ensure we spend most of the time cleaning, not organizing your house. Picking up these items also means they’re less likely to be misplaced during a cleaning.
- 2. Pick up any important documents, bills and other papers
To an unfamiliar eye, important documents such as insurance paperwork, bank statements or bills can be easily mistaken for trash. Protect your privacy and avoid the trouble of tracking down an important paper item by filing them, placing them in a secure spot or leaving a “do not disturb” note on them prior to a house cleaner’s arrival.
- 3. Pick up the laundry
- Place clothes, towels and linens in hampers or baskets. Placing them in a container instead of on a bed, table or in a corner is essential so that our cleaners can access the full room in effort to vacuum, dust and clean most efficiently.
- 4. Secure valuables such as jewelry, small electronics and loose cash
Protect your peace of mind by placing valuables in a secure area such as a locked room, safe or inside your vehicle’s trunk.
- 5. Put away the pets
This precaution depends on both your dog and cat’s comfort level with strangers in the house, as well as your house cleaner’s preferences. If your pets don’t handle unfamiliar people well, it may be a good idea to secure them in a crate or locked room prior to the house cleaner’s arrival.
- 6. Put away food
- Any opened food or drinks left on counters, on end tables or around the house will simply be seen as trash and disposed of accordingly, but we would prefer you dispose of them prior to our arrival.
- 7. Identify and repair any broken items around the home
Giving your home a quick inspection for any broken or damaged items can help spare you the embarrassment of accidentally blaming your house cleaner for damage he or she didn’t do.
- 8. Identify problem areas that need special cleaning attention
We can’t read minds. If you have an area that you’d like our staff to devote extra attention to, make sure you communicate that to us prior to or upon the team’s arrival.
- 9. Make sure they can get in
If you plan to be away during your home’s cleaning, or if you’re setting up service for the first time, make sure we have access to an entry key, as well as any special instructions for turning off a home security system.
- 10. Leave payment
- Unless you have pre-paid by credit card, you can leave your payment on the kitchen counter along with any notes you may have written for our team. Thank you!